Thursday, March 15, 2007

Elbow Pits

Here's a story to jump start my blog and give you a glimpse into my life.

As a first grade teacher, I spend a good deal of time on the floor surrounded by a circle of book-holding 7-year-olds. A couple of weeks ago Abigail violently sneezed, splattering Ross' face with droplets of infectious disease. Ross whines, Abigail cries, and I decide we'll put down the books and have a few minutes of sneeze-etiquitte lessons. I explain that before a sneeze, they should try to grab a kleenex in which to make their messes. "If not," I explained, "sneeze in your elbow-pit." Laughter erupts and everyone pretends to sneeze in this new-found body part. We regain self-control and read for about 15 more minutes when I hear a strange sniffling noise coming from my left. I look over and see snot rolling down Hannah's arm. "What are you doing?!?" She decided to BLOW her snotty nose in her elbow pit.

1 comment:

EmmyJMommy said...

So, elbow-pits are what I have to look forward to Emily Grace coming home with knowledge of next year!!!

LOVE IT!

~~em