Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Few Reasons Why Two Are Better Than One

I know I've not updated since October. We can just blame it on the fact that I got pregnant in November.

Truth be told, I got tired of writing down my couponing deals. There are plenty of websites that already do that, and I didn't want my blog to be one of them, but I apparently had nothing else significant to write about.


So I had another baby girl on August 4th. Here's my new family:

And I've decided in the last two weeks that having two girls is WAY better than having just one:


1. Everything about labor & delivery was easier this second time.
Less worry, less time in labor, less time delivering, quicker recovery, etc.

2. Everything about nursing #2 has been easier. We’ll just leave it at that.

3. #1 LOVES her lil’ sis. She’s also a big-time helper. She helps me burp the baby, and fetches necessities when I’m diaper-changing/nursing/etc. She distracts me from clock-watching while I’m nursing, so it’s not such a tedious task. (I don’t tend to enjoy nursing until it takes fewer than 20 minutes. Right now it’s more like 30-50 minutes and feels like a chore.)

4. #2 is an amazing sleeper. She has slept anywhere from 6 to 9 consecutive hours every night for the past week. And just she’s two weeks old. This means that I've been well-rested enough to only require one nap during the day, and #1 currently takes a three-hour afternoon nap just when I need it.

5. Their daddy took two weeks off from work to be with us. He just took one week with #1. Maybe he’ll take three weeks with #3? ..Probably not.

It's naptime now. But I'm guessing my list will only grow as time passes. I can't wait for them to be old enough to really be sweet companions.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I was delightfully surprised when your blog came up as "updated" on my list!

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are SO stinkin' cute. I can't believe #2 is sleeping like that. Thanks for updating us!

Jennifer Martin said...

That gives us hope about #2. I love your new little family!

Tara's Mother said...

Ditto to Emily's comments :)
I've missed your posts.
Emily your son is "SO stinkin' cute" also.

Mary Frances S. said...

So I was going through my blog list and just saw the new entry! I love the theme.. very biblical.

Love ya'll!

Ashley Claunch said...

Wow! about #2 sleeping so early, that's great! They are so sweet!