Truth be told, I got tired of writing down my couponing deals. There are plenty of websites that already do that, and I didn't want my blog to be one of them, but I apparently had nothing else significant to write about.
So I had another baby girl on August 4th. Here's my new family:
1. Everything about labor & delivery was easier this second time. Less worry, less time in labor, less time delivering, quicker recovery, etc.
2. Everything about nursing #2 has been easier. We’ll just leave it at that.
3. #1 LOVES her lil’ sis. She’s also a big-time helper. She helps me burp the baby, and fetches necessities when I’m diaper-changing/nursing/etc. She distracts me from clock-watching while I’m nursing, so it’s not such a tedious task. (I don’t tend to enjoy nursing until it takes fewer than 20 minutes. Right now it’s more like 30-50 minutes and feels like a chore.)
4. #2 is an amazing sleeper. She has slept anywhere from 6 to 9 consecutive hours every night for the past week. And just she’s two weeks old. This means that I've been well-rested enough to only require one nap during the day, and #1 currently takes a three-hour afternoon nap just when I need it.
5. Their daddy took two weeks off from work to be with us. He just took one week with #1. Maybe he’ll take three weeks with #3? ..Probably not.
It's naptime now. But I'm guessing my list will only grow as time passes. I can't wait for them to be old enough to really be sweet companions.